Friday, July 2, 2010

Happy July...

Dang I haven't updated in a long time. Reason--Orientation. I've been moving with orientation non-stop, week after week, day after day. I haven't really done anything exciting over the past couple of weeks. I was able to take some pictures, which is what mostly this post is going to be about.



So, if you're familiar with the Food Network TV Show Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives with Guy Fieri, I actually went to one of the places he visited in Texas. Check out the episode here. I actually tried the fries smothered in gravy and man are they bangin'! I had this gigantic turkey sandwich with fries that I could not finish in one sitting. While sitting at the table with some of the co-workers, I looked up and there was a picture of Guy.
This is Kyle Field, home of TAMU Football. Pretty big ain't it? The first photo is the view from the Zone, the Club level area inside the stadium. This is where we do check-in for orientation. The other photo is the Student Section. Most of the Corps of Cadets members sit in the lower area along with the band. All of the other students fill in the rest and its packed during a football game.













The first picture- I was in a place called the Underground, very similar to UNCC's Prospector. Just a dining area with seating. As I was leaving, I looked up and saw this mural. I looked closely then I saw that it was done by my fraternity! Shout out to Alpha Phi Omega- XI Delta Chapter!
The next one was located out front of Kyle Field. This is the final resting place for Reville, TAMU's famous American Collie mascot. Right now, TAMU is on Reville VII, who is a gorgeous dog. She holds the highest ranking of any person in the Corps of Cadets.


Yo....this dude was MAD TALL! I've seen some tall people before, but when my 6'3 stood next to him, I felt as small as the two girls in the photo! The guy is a Yell Leader, TAMUs version of cheerleaders. There are 5 guys who are YLs and they are all members of the Corps of Cadets. To understand more , check the link here.


The Pooch- so this lady walked into Rudder Tower where I was working the Help Desk and she had the cutest Bichon Frize chillin' in the purse. We started talking about dogs, the I took a picture of him.
















So one of the OLs made cookies and she made a Burger Cookie! I thought it was the coolest lookin' cookie sandwich. The "buns" are 2 sugar cookies. The "meat" is a York Peppermint attie. The Lettuce was green tinted shaved coconut and the coniments were just icing. I didn't eat one, but someone said they were very good. The other photo, THAT I DID EAT! I cooked a dinner that would make you wanna slap yo mama! BBQ Chicken wings, mac and cheese, green beans and potatoes...Lawd I hurt myself eatin' all that. That meal lasted me the whole week.
Getting out of the car, and I saw this. Once I saw it, iDied. One of the OLs Birthday was this past weekend and they Sticky Noted his truck. it was absolutely perfect. I laughed all the way into the building.
The last two pics are random. Inside TAMU's Alumni Center was this massive television. I thought it was cool, so I took a picture of it. The other one was done by my co-worker Xiodan. She teaches me something new about the Chinese culture everyday. This lesson was on chinese writing and symbols. then she Wrote my name in Chinese! I thought it was the coolest thing ever.
I did go to a wine and steak festival in Bryan, Texas called Texas Reds. Those photos are on my little digital camera. I'm heading out to Dallas later today! I'm so ready to see some city life! Will have photos of that coming soon!
Until then,
Wear GREEN, and GIG 'EM!

No comments:

Post a Comment